iPhone 4 Dual case.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BRIANxJAY, Jul 9, 2011.

1. BRIANxJAY macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

My friend bought a dual case from Wal Mart but when I went to look for it, it is not there. It's pretty much a case over another case for the extra protection.

2. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I read that and instantly thought, "an iPhone case, inside an iPad case" :rolleyes:

3. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Those are known as hybrid cases, and there are quite a few of them floating around. I was at a walmart while on family vacation not too long ago, and I remember them having both the casemate pop and otterbox defender (which sounds more like what you're describing). We're going to need a better description in order for us to know which one he got, keeping in mind that the selection probably varies regionally for walmart. And what's the point of this thread? Do you want an opinion on the case?

http://www.case-mate.com/Verizon-iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-Verizon-iPhone-4-Pop-Case.asp

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4-Defender-Series-Case/APL2-I4XXX,default,pd.html

We could also rattle off other hybrid cases. The defenders are popular, but like all cases, they're not without faults. They're bulky, use silicone that stretches and tears and attracts lint, and they're not going to win any style points (if you care about looks). On the plus side, they'll protect your phone in most drop conditions and there's the screen shield.

4. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

The case-mate sounds right! Thanks! Do you know where I can find it? I went to my Wal Mart and didn't have it and I can't find it online either.

5. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Take another look at the link I gave you. You can order both the AT&T and VZW version directly from the company's site store. Amazon has it too for a lil cheaper. ;)

6. BRIANxJAY thread starter macrumors member

BRIANxJAY

So the correct name for it is the "POP case"?