iPhone 4 Durability!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KSKENE247, Dec 23, 2010.

1. KSKENE247 macrumors member

I have to applaud my iphone 4 for the hell I have put it through. I have no bumper, no screen protectors or anything. I drop it at least 5 times a day, it flys off my lap while driving across the car, i toss it onto my desk and even throw it around my room. It's scratched to hell but i'm bringing it back to the apple store to get a replacement and start fresh. i dont plan on treating this next one like complete ***** but who knows. My phone has not had a problem and still works like a champ. Just wanted to boast!
    P.s. - I knocked on wood

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

iPhones are made to break. How your hasn't yet is beyond be.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Why is Apple giving you a new phone if yours works fine?

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Apple will place an iPhone 4 free for the first time. My friend today got his shattered iPhone 4 replaced at Apple Store for free, no questions.

5. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

"randomly the phone says sim card error"

my stupid stoner friend even spilled water on it and the sensors are fine. i brought it in last week to get a new one but they told me to update first:/ bye bye jb

6. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

is this a joke?

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

gotta love that Apple customer service

:apple:

8. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

yea man i feel since i paid like almost 300 dollars for a phone that was dirt cheap to make. seems right to get my moneys worth

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Nope. Not that I say break your iPhone 4 and return. That wouldn't be advised.

10. jas1973 macrumors 6502

so i can walk into an apple store and ask them to exchange my scratched fully functioning iphone 4 with a new one free of charge?

this seems a little off

11. Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

That's because it is- Apple hasn't changed their policy (to the best of my knowledge).

Really it's based off of how lucky you are and how willing the geniuses are to "bend" the rules.

However, it does seem fairly common that Apple will willingly exchange the phones- it's really up to the person who may/may not exchange it.

My local Apple store is fairly lean on the policy and I've replaced multiple iPods for small issues- then again, that is an iPod.

12. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

what???

13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No joke. I was with him at the Apple Store. He didn't have to pull out cash or a card.

14. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

All they check for is water damage and cracks. Name any problem that has or hasn't happened. No SIM error, maps app wont load correctly, home buttom is sometimes really laggy and doesnt work. When they check your phone the plug it in to see the software and stuff. So long as you have the updated software and recently restored (which you tell them you tried and it didnt fix anything) then it gets replaced for free. Simple as that, my first iphone 4 i replaced it cause the phone said SIM error (which it didnt) then the replaced it. I wanted a fresh one for my new screen protectors and bumper which are both long gone now. but anyways.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

Does the exchange also work for people who bought an iPhone 4 at Best Buy or Craigslist? No receipt neccessary? Awesome exchange policy from Apple if you ask me.

Still, I have no intention to return my launch device as it works great and no cosmetic issues. I just want to be sure if anything bad happens, some of the stores can be lenient. There is plenty of Apple Stores within a 20-25 mile radius from me. That's one of the reasons why I give props to Apple. Awesome customer service compared to their competitors.

16. detoxguy macrumors member

pathetic, entitled, disgusting, and sad. I cannot believe you feel comfortable posting about committing fraud.

17. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

looks like you and I are both getting coal in our stockings...

18. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

and buddy, it had said No SIM error before, just wasnt popping up when I brought it to the store. Whats pathetic, entitled, disgusting, and sad is charging someone $600 dollars for a new phone that is made to break (as stated above).

19. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

didn't you just say you spilled liquid on it?

this thread needs a lock

20. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

And you know it was "dirt cheap to make" because?

They've done the cost breakdown.

And remember, Apple wants to see at least some profit from each phone - it's a company after all.

$180 or so - for the 16GB version. The 32 is probably over $200 easy.

Please note, that is the HARDWARE COST only. Doesn't include things like support, or any of the multitude of development costs. For $180 bucks, Assembly Not Included.

21. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

Ya to create one... See how much it cost when your ordering parts in the millions. Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.

22. KSKENE247 thread starter macrumors member

None of my sensors were tripped... This thread was to applaud its durability... If water was within 15 feet of a 3g(s) the sensors would be tripped.

23. Gordon Gekko macrumors regular

I agree there is a total lack of morality here. Just another reason why our country is in so much trouble.

24. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I've had 2 phone replacements, but they were genuine problems, the first was my 3G which cracked near the docking port, and my iPhone 4 which the home button stopped working.

Both times they were in warranty and replaced.

25. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Including this OP's thread.