iPhone 4 dust/dirt between the plastic bezel around the screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by baaadboy, Sep 20, 2010.

1. baaadboy macrumors member

I have had my phone for less than a month, and I am noticing that dirt and dust gets trapped between the plastic bezel and the screen itself . I can't just wipe it off because i can't reach it with a cloth.

Is this how it's supposed to be? or am I the only one who is having this problem?

2. baaadboy thread starter macrumors member

bump..........

3. baaadboy thread starter macrumors member

So your iphones don't collect dust/dirt around the plastic bezel?

4. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

Mine would get little specs in there before I put mine in a OB Defender case. But I would get the specs out with a needle or a pin, just run the tip through the little crevice.

5. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Mine does, but I just get a pin like the guy above me said. Plus the bezel is steel remember?

6. Injector macrumors newbie

7. baaadboy thread starter macrumors member

Guess like you all reccomend i will just use a pin.

2 ozzyman500: Oh, I meant the black plastic that goes around the edges of the glass screen on both sides of the phone. Without the plastic the edges of the glass would have been very sharp.

8. johnny168 macrumors member

How are you guys getting the dust in the bottom speaker holes and in the ear piece?? I just used a needle and scrapped the top and a lot of dust came out, but wouldnt the dust go IN the phone as well? o_O how about you guys?

9. RED™ macrumors regular

RED™

For the dust around the screen I use - I know it sounds so stupid - a thin paper like a post-it or something like that, I run the edge through screen and bezel and sometimes a lot of dust comes out and no harm is done with a pin or a needle.

Dust and etc. in the speakers is hard to get rid of, sometimes I even think that it looks more like glue or a material which isn't supposed to be removed.

10. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Post-it's do the job very well.