iPhone 4 eBay Case Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MattZani, Jul 23, 2010.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Basically, seems theres a lot of iPhone 4 cases coming out of China, and being sold for ridiculous prices, and i reckon a lot of people are gonna jump on these, either as a cheap way to fix the antenna issue, just a case to use until one they really like is released, until the free Apple case arrives etc.

Thought i may as well make a thread where everyone can post pictures, discuss the cases etc, link good deals, rather than having loads of fragmented threads talking about basically the same thing.

Sadly, supply seems small in the Uk, really looking for the style the mimics the back, as i quite like that idea, or just any case really, for a £1 or 2 its worth a try, just for something different.

2. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I've ordered 3 cases off eBay, including the one above.

I'll post pics when I get them. (And the phone.)

3. mcqueen macrumors member

Attached Files:

4. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I bought a white Replicase, I'm looking forward to getting it. Cheaper than buying an OEM white back, and they look pretty good.

Also grabbed a couple of the 99 cent silicone cases from HK. Will post up when received.

5. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Link to seller? I love this.

6. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

Just search "iphone 4 rubberized case" on ebay and you will find tons of them.

I just ordered a black one that doesn't have the ridge all the way around the phone from a US seller and should have it shortly. I will post pics when I get it in. The stores around me don't have much and I hate to drop $30-$40 sight unseen on a name brand case ordered online so I figured $9.99 + free shipping is worth a try. The seller I order from is http://shop.ebay.com/nakedcellphone/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340. Here is the case I ordered http://cgi.ebay.com/RUBBERIZED-BLAC...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item45f3dad6c8

7. MattZani thread starter macrumors 68030

MattZani

8. NickRno77 macrumors regular

9. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

I got mine for $3.99, shipped! The sellers name was eshop007.

[​IMG]

10. Petronas macrumors regular

11. fjordschritt macrumors member

12. ratman2356 macrumors member

Great idea for a thread. I was a Hong Kong case junkie with my original iPhone. Bought a few so far just to hold me over till I find THE case setup. I don't have pics on the phone but here are the ones I got so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230490158280&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Not bad but plastic scratches easily and the screen side edges mess up screen protectors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300435468753&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Really liked this one for the money and only one I would recommend. Resists fingerprints, decent fit and no SP issues. Used it for a couple weeks until I picked up a bumper and now my wife is using and likes it pretty well. Worst thing is a touch loose at the top and bottom of case near the screen but nowhere near as bad as silicone case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280526034560&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Scratches like crazy and collects dust and lint under the back of the case. A little better than the smoke case with SP but still some issues.

I am looking for a good Chinese/HK bumper so I can order several colors. I like my Apple bumper well enough but too expensive for me to buy several just for color options.

13. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

My gripe about most all tpu or silicone based cases is that the part but the dock is normally thin and get stretched out and then rubs on the phone and scratches it. This was definitely true for the chrome bezel of the 3g and 3gs but I am not sure how the 4g will fair. Im pretty picky though.

14. SeeHole macrumors member

SeeHole

Looks good. And it seems it would be good for a get-by until my free PixelSkin HD is brought to me by Santa lol :/ :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it when you get it.

15. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Yep, thats it

The fit and finish is actually much better than my Switcheasy Nude. It's a fraction thicker than the Nude, but fits nice and tight on the iPhone and has a lip that allows for "on the table" placing.

16. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I just don't like the look of the translucent coloured bumpers.
    Colours should be opaque; see-through cases should be colourless, IMO.

17. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

Still those are decent looking things for the money.

18. Petronas macrumors regular

19. ipadder macrumors regular

I'm sure you got it for cheaper since it's coming form china!! I dont think i could wait 3 weeks for something like that. I got the red and blue one from the same seller

20. choice macrumors regular

Ordered one. Not bad for $7.00. Ordered on Saturday and received it today in LA. It will hold me down until I receive the new one.

21. ipadder macrumors regular

fastest. shipping. ever.

22. illutionz macrumors 65816

Does this case cause problem with the flash?
    I ordered Black and White and not sure whether any of them will cause problem with the flash

23. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I just ordered this bumper for $4.99 from a US seller:

[​IMG]

Looks pretty damn good in the picture....hopefully what I get looks the same.

link

24. mcqueen macrumors member

Did they happen to have that in white?! :D

25. jamexman macrumors newbie

Me too.