iPhone 4 Echo issue on call recipients side.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Brokebroker83, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Brokebroker83 macrumors member

Hi

Continuing the long and proud tradition of complaining about the new iPhone...here's my new problem for all you dear forum users.

Every time I'm talking to someone on the phone they keep telling me that my voice sounds either really echo-y. Like I'm talking from within a small tunnel or that at times it sounds "metallic-y"/robotic.

Anyone else go through the same issue and were they able to resolve it.

I feel like its the noise-canceling microphones causing some interference. But, thats a complete layman's guess.

What do you guys think.

And yes I searched Mroogle. :D

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I noticed the same thing when my friend called me this weekend. He was on an iphone 4 and I was on my 3GS.... I thought maybe it was just his connection but it sounded exactly as you are describing.

3. scole665 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

i have the exact same problem. When I use the wired headset it seems to work just fine. However, without it, everyone complains about it, yet I don't hear a thing. Were you able to resolve this yet?

4. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Funny thing is that the other party doesn't say my voice sounds like a robot - I hear it myself. It's hard to describe but there's a metallic echoey thing when I talk on the phone. Like i'm hearing myself through the speaker. Quite annoying.