iPhone 4 - Email login/password issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vleuv, Jun 29, 2010.

1. vleuv macrumors newbie

Recently I've been having issues with my Yahoo account on my iPhone4.

I have 2 accounts setup on my iphone, one Gmail and one Yahoo.

Recently when trying to update my Yahoo inbox, I've been getting an error message stating i have the Incorrect username or password. Each time this has happened, I've gone to Settings and noticed the stored password under my Yahoo account has been changed somehow. I retype the correct password, it verifies it with yahoo, and then instantly re-displays the incorrect password (obvious b/c it is 3 digits longer than my actual password)?

I've deleted the account and re-tried the setup process, but the same issue persists.

Anyone have the same problem or any suggestions on how to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

It's pretty common for password fields to become longer after you type in them; it's for security purposes.

If my password was 1, and you only saw one dot on my screen then you would be able to figure it out pretty darn easily.. If my password was 1, but the software adds 5 false dots to the end, it's going to be hard for someone to even begin guessing.

RE: the invalid password; could be getting 'pop locked'; two logins occuring at once. Is your old phone trying to check yahoo email still?

3. vleuv thread starter macrumors newbie

I disabled the auto-fill username and password under the Safari settings and then tried deleting the account and setting it up again.

It seems to have worked. it seems like it was attempting to auto-complete with my password for my Gmail account. The two accounts have the same usernames but different passwords. Odd fix but I'll take it.

Thanks for the help

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

Oh.. you're doing web-based email not the built in email ?

5. vleuv thread starter macrumors newbie

no, not using web-based, I'm using the built in email "app", it was just a shot in the dark.