iPhone 4 Email

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Franks, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

Hi, Just wondered if any iPhone email experts can clear something up for me. I've posted on the Mac Basics forum asking about IMAP emails on the MBP, but wondered if there's any connection to the iPhone 4.

The one thing I don't get is there is no option for Inbox settings and how long they stay on phone, or MBP. There is settings on the Mac for Trash, Sent, Junk, Drafts, but nothing for Inbox, and all I see on the iPhone is an option in Advanced for 'deleted', how long to keep on server.

Just wanted to know that if the iPhone IMAP is set to only keep emails on phone for a week do the ones on the Mac disappear too. It's mirroring the server but there are no settings on there either for how long they stay on server. Anywhere on the phone to set how long they stay on for?

Can the phone be causing any IMAP problems, It only shows Inbox emails for 5 to 7 days and I want them to be on server and not delete until I delete them. Is there a setting for that?

Any clues or if anyone else has this problem with their Mac losing emails because the phone is connected?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Because it's a user-controlled option; namely it stays in your INBOX until you remove it from your INBOX.

Are you sure you're on an IMAP account?

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeh, definitely... and nobody can solve this. I'm not removing from INBOX so why are they all deleting from server, hence deleting from my INBOX on phone and Mac. But, the Sent items are staying on both machines