iPhone 4 Erroneous Touch Diagnosis

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by XboxMySocks, Apr 9, 2013.

1. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I have found a very simple way to tell whether erroneous (re: wrong) touch response on an iPhone 4 or 4S is due to the Digitiser being damaged from a crack, or if it is a motherboard issue which is essentially unfixable (almost never is it the last scenario.)
    In this image, you can see which has a defective digitizer due to a very deep crack which affects the LCD itself.
    [​IMG]
    If you see this rainbowing affect from a crack very deep into the display, and the digitiser is responding oddly, then your motherboard is fine, and a new LCD/digitiser assembly will fix the issue.

2. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Thanks for the update xbox! Glad to see you were able to get the issue with your screen solved:)

3. XboxMySocks thread starter macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

You're very welcome mate! Thanks again for your immense help, feel free to use this (rewritten if you want, I did it rather quick) for your site if you like! Cheers mate :)

4. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

That would be great! I will forward it over to our blogging department and have them see what they can do with it. It would definitely be a help to people! Much appreciated!