Iphone 4 error 1611

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrKONGLEE, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mrKONGLEE, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

mrKONGLEE macrumors newbie

Hey guys, so I've been frustrated the past 4 days with my iphone4. Here's what happened. I was on Skype and next thing you know, my phone starts heating up drastically. Next thing it shuts off and now it won't turn on unless its plugged up. When it is plugged up, it goes to the "hook up to iTunes screen" Its a 4.0 iphone JAILBROKEN. I used jailbreakme.com for the hack. This is the first problem that i have encountered with my phone since it was jail broken since the iPhone 4 came out. Ive tried running TinyUmbrellla with Recboot to kick it out of recovery mode cause it was stuck at the Apple Logo for the longest time. I set it in DFU mode and tried updating/restoring it and still an Error 1611. I've tried restoring the my iPhone onto 3 different computers and sadly, still the same error 1611. When i hook it up to iTunes and try to restore it, the computer just makes the noise like its plugging back in and out constantly and my screen flashes for a second and then back to the apple logo and Recovery mode screen. Anyone have any ideas? I'm out of ideas to fix it. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Eveline678 macrumors newbie

I know it's 3 months later, but I have exactly the same problem. How did you solve it? Please help me out I've tried everything...