Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blitzace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I'm planning on purchasing the iphone 4 from apple's website, only problem is that I won't be able to pre-order (as I'm yet to expand my credit card's limit and the process normally takes from 5-10 days). My question is how long would it normally take to ship if I ordered it after the 24th ? I'm assuming it'd be something after july 14, but I really need an estimate based on what took place with previous iphone generations. Are we talking months here after the order is processed !? :confused:

jallenclark

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008
Most likely if you ordered it on Thursday you should get it by the end of July but any answer you get will just be speculation.

I am not sure I understand how to pre-order is different from ordering when it is backordered in regards to your credit card. They both charge you when it ships, it won't be different either way.

Blitzace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I am not sure I understand how to pre-order is different from ordering when it is backordered in regards to your credit card. They both charge you when it ships, it won't be different either way.

My credit card (as of the moment) has a 400 british pound limit, so I normally assumed that the order won't be processed until I manage to extend that limit. In other words, even though the item is backordered, they still would have to check the credit card's limit to issue the order (even before shipment,) correct ?

Edit: Please keep in mind that I'm a complete potato head when it comes to online transactions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.