iPhone 4, EVO, Incredible and Droid X screens compared by the numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Keleko, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Keleko macrumors 68000

I haven't seen this mentioned here, so I thought I would. PC Mag did a screen comparison with actual measurements of the screens on these phones. Short answer is the iPhone 4 was the best overall. Something that surprised me is that except for the Droid X, all the other Android phones use 16 bit color. The Droid X and iPhone both have 24 bit color display. Also, they did not compare pixel density, either, but only how well each phone did with the display measurements.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365915,00.asp

2. Dsking85 macrumors member

I can't believe the difference between the Incredible screen and the iPhone. My friend just got an incredible yesterday and it looks like poop in comparison. Very pixelated and the colors suck.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

The color accuracy test is very interesting. Wonder what Apple's thinking?

4. reservedegotist macrumors regular

I too also noticed that the i4's screen is less color-popping than I had imagined. Maybe easier on the eyes?

5. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Some iPhones have a cool tint and some have a warm so YMMV to the max on color accuracy.

It doesn't wash out as you increase the brightness like the previous models.

6. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Iphone 4 has the best screen iv seen on a smartphone so far.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I really can't believe those other phones are so much more saturated. The iPhone is UNDER-saturated?

I can't imagine watching cartoons on another phone...they pop plenty on my iPhone!