iPhone 4 Exchange Calendar crashes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HE15MAN, Aug 24, 2010.

1. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I have a user that whenever she tries to open her Microsoft Exchange synced calendar on her iPhone 4, it crashes immediately. I delete the account and it opens normally.

Is this a known issue? Any ideas how to fix it?

2. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

3. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I've been running Exchange Sync ever since the 3G, and occasionally have to delete the account and then set it up again to get rid of issues and speed things up. On the iPhone 4, I've already done this twice due to a locked up calendar (the calendar app will load, but then I'll get a spinning wheel in the middle with the words "loading..." that will never end).

Thankfully this procedure doesn't take that long.

I'm not sure if this one is Apple's fault or Microsoft's. Exchange is bloatware.

4. HE15MAN thread starter macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Hmmmm still cant get it fixed. Do you think it has anything to do with recurring events?

5. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

I have lots of recurring events set up in my Exchange calendar and have never experienced this problem. I have been using Exchange on iPhone 4 for about 7 weeks and on 3G for about 15 months prior to that without problems. (Exchange 2003 Server)

6. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

On my 3GS (OS 3) I used to be able to move recurring events around on the phone (change the time of a particular event) without any problem, but on the iPhone 4 (OS 4) I get weird errors and it won't let me. I think something is buggy about recurring events in this version of the OS. Let's see what OS 4.1 does.

7. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Managed to get a similar occurrence of this fault on my iPhone 4 today.

If I add an event to the calendar on the phone, but set it in my Home calendar (which syncs over MobileMe) as opposed to my Work (Exchange) calendar I get the Loading message and hanging of the app on the next launch. If I close the calendar it seems to launch okay the second time but if the phone is left idle for a period of time the fault occurs again on launch of the calendar. Removal of the same event rectifies the fault. Home calendar events added via iCal sync okay and don't cause the Calendar on the iPhone to hang.