iPhone 4 exchange email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gouda272, Jun 24, 2010.

1. gouda272 macrumors regular

This is a change in IOS4 i believe. I can't sync more than a week of emails. I don't like that. Guess I will be doing alot of server searching. Hopefully I can read and or forward the emails I search for, I was unable to do that previously. I'll try it and report back.

EDIT: first search I did came up quick and I was able to read the email just fine. 2nd search worked also but was having some trouble getting searches where the email was 2-5 years old to show up. I am running exchange 2007. I'll have to do some more testing on this configuration.

2. P Mentior macrumors regular

Did you double check the settings for the exchange account? I have my gmail sett up thought exchange and I have the option for 2 weeks and 1 month.

Attached Files:

3. gouda272 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i checked it a few times. Here is a screen shot of my options.

Attached Files:

4. P Mentior macrumors regular

My only guess is that it has something to do with settings that the administer for your exchange system set. I would try restoring the phone and setting up as new and if that doesn't do it and your exchange is through a business ask your IT department.

5. gouda272 thread starter macrumors regular

I am the IT dept. Worked fine on my 3G. Also if I add a second exchange account I get the month option. As soon as I only have one account it goes down to the one week option. I am prettt sure my wifes phone on same server has the same issue.

6. RedCloud75013 macrumors member

I set up my gmail account as an exchange account (via google sync - following google's recommendation) and it appears that you can NOT search your emails on the server.... any input about that?

7. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

my exchange account allows me to sync up to a month

8. Invalid Entry macrumors newbie

I only have one exchange account on my phone and my options are:

No Limit
    1 Day
    3 Days
    1 Week
    2 Weeks
    1 Month

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Double check your ActiveSync policy on the Exchange server. There is most likely some sort of limit set. Apple has never fully implemented all of the ActiveSync protocol features, but they release more with each release. It's very possible they just got around to implementing this policy.

When you say you get it after adding the second account, are the other options there for both accounts or just the new one?

I am the Exchange admin for my office and I have my own Exchange server. Both show all of these options.