iPhone 4 experiencie battery draining issues here...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by utneon, Jan 24, 2011.

1. utneon macrumors regular

so, both my and my girlfriend phone started having battery issues this week. it lasts for 5/6 hours on standby... he are both on 4.2.1 and not jailbreaked. they have been working well for last 2 months but started doing this last week i think. they were purchased independently and in total diff dates. i saw someone having this problem too... is this a software bug ?

2. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

This is weird, does it get hot when using it? You should try taking it to an Apple store so they can check it out or change them both.

3. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

it gets hot in the back. there is no apple store here in portugal so i must get the phone back to vodafone so they can solve my problem... i also noticed there's a lot more people having this issue with their iphone 4 and 3gs so it may be software related. i guess i will way a few more days to see how it develops

4. cootersgarage6, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

Hmm.. This is a tricky one...

Have you changed any settings on the iPhone or anything for the lighting on it? Do you have the ringer up on full all the time? Or on vibrate? are you texting more than usual? are you leaving for iPhone on 3G Internet or on Wi-Fi...?? That may be why.

You might also have a faulty iPhone battery. You can call Apple about it, you are covered because you get support for 1 year I think, or at least you get phone support. You also get 90 days of full warranty.

Thank you for choosing :apple: Products!!!:):

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

It could be your router. I had my battery draining during sleep on my iPad until I replaced the router. Just a thought.

6. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

i put my phone in airplane mode when go to sleep. still have the issues. i restored the phone and stopped doing that, however after 1 week it came back again. i have no idea, i haven't changed the settings, as far as i know... i guess i will wait to see what happens in the next few days since there's more people having this problem in my college...

7. TEHi macrumors regular

I just realized that my phone will darin up to 3 times as fast in standby when i'm in my workplace, because of the low signal. with 3g on, it would drain up to 5% per hour on standby.

8. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I can last 21 hours idol + 5 hours use with all wireless settings on (BT, 3G, WiFi). Open the multitask bar and make the icons jiggle. Press the red button that pops up to close all backgrond apps that hog your battery.
    Charge it every night. This way you don't waste your battery by keeping your battery drained. Also, if you can help it, keep your battery from going into 0%. This will help the battery stay at its best performance.

9. utneon thread starter macrumors regular

unfortunately i already do that. i have both BT and 3G off, still having problems though =/

10. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Turn Push off and do a hard reboot. Hold power button and home button for 10 seconds.
    Which iPhone do you have?
    How long did you use it per day before this?
    Which apps do you use most frequently?
    If it's 3GS and below it just might be a plain EoL battery.

11. kreach macrumors member

Hey are you both using the same charger?

I once used an incompatible charger, and even thought the phone charged fully [or indicated so], at the end of 6 hrs, the charge went down to 30%.

Check if the charger is ok or not.

12. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Put the phone in airplane mode while in standby, if this solves the problem, then that would prove that it is an app that is trying to access the internet. Once you know that, it should be a simple process of elimination.