iPhone 4 Extended INTERNAL battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by littledude8209, Nov 19, 2010.

1. littledude8209 macrumors regular

I've been looking for an INTERNAL extended battery for the iphone 4, and I can't seem to find any. Does anybody know of any, or do they just not exist? All i can seem to find is the original 1420mAh ones.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Don't think they make any. It's kind of a tight squeeze in there to begin with so I doubt a larger battery would even fit without some mod to the back plate.

3. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

4. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

:facepalm:

yes because apple would choose an inferior battery that takes up a large portion of the inside

this isn't MSI or Asus, usually apple uses top of the line parts that are made in factory or sources high end parts from other companies and rebrands them

5. alman1234 macrumors newbie

Lol

"Top of the line" consists of a dual core 1GHz whereas androids typically have quad-cores twice that clock speed? And I guess Apple's "Top of the line" camera that snaps 8 megapixels is kicking Nokia Lumia's 41 megapixel camera's teeth in right? Learn your stuff you tech kiddie.

6. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

Any particular reason your first post here was a trolling, grave-digging one? :confused:

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

There is only room inside for the original sized battery. A new one wil be a big improvement over a tired old one anyway.

8. artfun macrumors member

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The only way a battery could have a longer life is if it were bigger. The original battery takes up all the available interior space, there is no room for an even slightly bigger battery. I replaced one on my old iPhone 4 and can confirm that there is no extra space.

10. artfun macrumors member

Got it, thank you, was thinking may be as time passed since iphone 4 introduction they managed somehow to squeeze more juice to the same size :rolleyes:

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

And yet Apple's CPU holds its own against the quad-core Android CPUs.

12. cynics macrumors G3

This. With current tech an extended battery would be bigger. Since its internal to the iPhone it can't be bigger. I guess someone could make a different back cover for the iPhone 4/4S to make room for a bigger battery. That said, no one does.

Don't feed the troll. :)

13. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I'm a mod on another iPhone forum so I can't feed them there. :D