iphone 4 face sensor not working...help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by john2049, Jun 23, 2010.

1. john2049 macrumors member

hey, got my iphone 4 this morning, and the face sensor works, but it seems to randomly not. on almost every call i've made today i find my face is randomly popping stuff up during the phone call...anyone else experiencing this?

2. mckandy macrumors member

I've had this issue too. I accidentally hit face time, speaker, and even hung up on someone with my face during a call.

3. gdclark77 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue

I wonder if it's wide spread. Hopefully a firmware update can fix.

4. thewiseoutlaw macrumors newbie

Same here. I hung up on the same person like 6 times, put them on hold, speakerphone and tried to facetime chat with people ( my face likes to do face time the most :p)

5. heritagehog macrumors member

heritagehog

Mine did that while on a call yesterday :confused:

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I hit 5# with my face during a call yesterday, but that was only on 1 call out of about 10. Still not acceptable, though.

7. Ferrd macrumors regular

Ferrd

I noticed the same issue too but someone on here posted to try doing a "reset all settings" on the phone. Did that, and haven't experienced the issue since. Give it a try....

8. Zandian macrumors regular

I thought it was just me. This has happened to me at least 5 times now where I push buttons while on a call. I could swear the phone was solid on my face. Hmm

Zandian

9. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I did that- as have many on the Apple support forums. But it didn't make a difference. I still am face dialing.

For now, one workaround is to hit the sleep/power button as soon as you start a call. Then the screen is turned off.

10. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

Yes.....!!!! Most of the calls I'm on I Ed with my face! it's driving me nuts

11. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

I am having the same issue, I would call and my face would hit anything o the screen. I never had this issue with all the iphones before from the 1st one in 2007 to the 3gs last year.

12. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

unless you have the headset connected, pressing the sleep button will hang up the call.

13. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

14. oxdtown macrumors member

i had this issue twice yesterday and once today i put someone on hold and called someone then while one the phone with att i muted her

15. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

just talked to apple tech, she seems to think its a software issue and had me restored the phone as new to try it out for the next couple of days. She said she hasn't heard anything about this issue from customers or her colleagues

16. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Don't you love when Apple Store people or Apple tech support says that they never heard of a problem- but the problem has been discussed on both forums like this one and Apple's own discussion boards at length!

When I picked up my iPhone 4 on opening day, the Apple store person told me they never heard of the face sensor issue, or of the yellow screen issue.

17. Andru1313 macrumors regular

I have the same issue. Randomly call people or hang up on them....

18. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

yesterday, i had a senior supervisor told me its at&t's simcard that's causing me to losing signal if i don't hold it the steve job's way