iPhone 4 Facetime "Waiting for activation" ??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DynaFXD, Jun 24, 2010.

1. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

2-16 GB iP4's, activated, can make calls, sync'd in iTunes, both attached to wifi. I get the "Facetime" option in my dial screen, my wife does not. In her settings her Facetime says "Waiting for activation," mine does not.

Anyone else?

I read in another thread that it has to do with MMS not being transferred from the old phone account to the new one (Facetime requires that for something or other.) I tried to call tech support. Fat chance getting through today, it seems. Can anyone confirm?

Cheers

2. DynaFXD thread starter macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Follow Up - Possible Fix

I found this in another thread/forum. I went online and looked at my wife's features and noticed that she had "iPhone Messaging Unlimited" selected rather than "Messaging Unlimited." Although I have not been able to substantiate the fix yet, it sounds like that is a good bet as the iPhone messaging option disappeared totally when unselected.

If you kept your existing messeging plan with at&t named iPhone Messaging Unlimited you need to change this to Messaging Unlimited, you will also have to make sure your Show Caller ID is set to ON. i went through the setup process with some very helpful reps at AT&T and Apple support.

BONUS: For those of us who never look ... I had unlimited text messages for each of the three iPhones on our family plan I noticed I could do Family Plan Messaging for unlmited messages for $30; half the price for all three phones! The A-Lit feature is nice too! Too bad they don't make these obvious money/minute savers more opt-out than opt-in.

3. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

My FaceTime still says Waiting for Activation, but I've used it several times. Who knows...

4. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

Of the 4 phones that I have within my family plan, one does not have Facetime working and displays "waiting for activation" in the phone setting menu. I have done 2 restores, reset the phone and network setting several times and checked the phone features online. Has anyone figured out any solid workaround/fix for the issue?

5. jsummerlin macrumors newbie

Well, if it means anything, I didn't have a text plan, and facetime was not activate and did not work. Went to the att website and added a text plan. Shutdown the phone, restart, and facetime is there and active. Seems that you need to have a text plan for some reason. No one told me :)