iPhone 4...fading calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by byziphone4, Sep 29, 2011.

1. byziphone4 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have a new iPhone 4 that I got back in July..it has worked great so far...but there is a couple of issues that I am noticing..the main thing is that it is now starting to fade my calls...when I am talking to someone I can hear them fine...but they can't hear me..in fact they are saying what..because I am very faint...as if I am barely talking...but as soon as I put it on speakerphone they hear me fine..once I switch back it goes faint again. To solve this I restart the phone and app. Next this may be a minor issue but when I am on the line with someone and someone is calling me on the other line when it beeps sometimes the beep sounds abnormal...statically too! What should I do?...this phone is nice and nothing possible that I could have done..brand new and never dropped and it is always well encased.

2. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

i would try a restore as new phone first.
    Connect phone to your computer and when iTunes launches, select Restore. Go thru the entire restore as new phone process.

If it's still the same after the restore. Then go back to Apple and if you can replicate the same problem for them, they'll replace the phone.

The restore will help if it's a software related issue. Hardware related, they'll change out the phone, assuming you're within warranty/not abused condition.

:D:cool::apple:

3. byziphone4 thread starter macrumors member

Yes...thank you for the advice..I will restore it first...then as soon it does it again, which in all honesty I hope it doesn't,..I will go back to the Apple Store.

But another question than would be has anyone ever experienced anything like I described above?...either problem?

4. byziphone4 thread starter macrumors member