iPhone iPhone 4 Faster With IOS 7.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Kurios2, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Kurios2 macrumors regular

Kurios2

I was reluctant to upgrade my wife's iphone 4 due to other updates slowing it down. After opening itunes, 7 was gone and 7.0.2 was ready to be downloaded. Tried to find the download size, but it didn't show anywhere, so I downloaded and it only took 11 minutes.

When I downloaded 7, it was about an hour. Apple told me that 7.0.2 was smaller, so I installed it and can't believe how fast it is. Everything seems so smooth and no glitches so far. There are 11 pages for apps and she had a lot.

If you're an iphone 4 user, you should try it. If there were any other threads about 4 on here, I didn't see them. Repeating is a pain, so that's my story for the day.

2. DaKKs macrumors 6502

There was remarkable improvement in my 4G (MK1) as well. Battery life is frankly amazing. I nearly shelved the damned thing after the ios 7 update. Ran like absolute rubbish.

Don't forget to disable icloud data & documents (if your kb lags) and increase contrast (remove transparency).

3. Kurios2 thread starter macrumors regular

Kurios2

We lucked out this time and hopefully the next version ios 7.0.3. I'm not sure why that's being released, but with everything working on my wife's phone now, I may not upgrade. Thanks for the info.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

In before all the others who hate iOS 7 come in here and ruin this thread.

5. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Its the windows 8 debacle all over again. Whenever they make such a drastic change, people are gonna get pissed off.

That said, Apple handled their mess better than MS did. I'm pretty sure their heads is still in the sand.

For the record, I'm not very fond of iOS 7 either. Too much flashy ****. I tolerate it, nothing more. But there is no point off making a fuss when you cant change anything.

Tell you what. I'll try it out when its released and write back. I don't use this phone much anyway. Doesn't really matter if it screws it up or not.

6. mofolino macrumors newbie

I noticed that 7.0.2 helped my old iPhone 4 a bit.
    It runs smoother but not as you describe Kurios.

I hate fact that Apple allowed this update (iOS7) for iPhone 4.
    Why not say - you guys with old iPhone 4 want iOS7? Buy a new phone!
    I feel like I have again my HTC windows moble back in 2006, animation stuttering, delays...

Nothing against iOS7 but why oh why is it so slow on iPhone 4.
    It is so much less of heavy graphics now (white background an text basically). but it runs so much slower...