iPhone 4 faulty battery 14 day replacement policy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBookPro13", Oct 18, 2011.

1. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Hi,

I have my iPhone 4 for 11 days now, and I am pretty sure that the battery is faulty. I am getting very poor battery life even after following the battery tips on Apple.com.

12 hours battery life with brightness down to 50% and auto-brightness on (which is darker than at 50% with that option un-ticked), WIFI & 3G disabled, wasn't using the internet or games. Was solely using the phone for SMS messaging and listening to music at times. That for me is not acceptable.

The phone also charges very quickly. When the battery died, I plugged it into the wall and within 10 minutes it was at 20% charged. That seems strange to me.

Are you able to request a free product replacement within 14 days or is it just for products that are not working?

Thanks guys! :cool:

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If there is a problem get warranty service. Did you buy direct from apple?

4. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Not as simple as that, mine was bought on eBay but was "new & sealed" and I registered on the day I bought it.

5. MacBookPro13" thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

Would Apple still have iPhone 4's to send as replacements?

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Wow then it might not have an Apple warranty. :eek:

Have you checked the serial number on the Apple site to see the warranty status?

Apple Warranty Status.... https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

The Apple warranty starts with the first retail purchase of the iPhone, just because the eBay seller had it sealed in a box does not mean it is "new" and has a 1 year warrany.

Dave

7. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

The warranty is still valid as long as the phone was bought from Apple or an authorised reseller/carrier within the last year.
    Yes, they still have the iPhone 3G for replacements I believe. Plus they are actually still making iPhone 4's but in 8GB capacity only.