iPhone 4 Firmware Download???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hsleiman, Jun 30, 2010.

1. hsleiman macrumors regular

Does anyone know where I can download a copy of the iPhone 4 ios 4 firmware? I'm out of the country for a few weeks and am having battery issues with my iPhone 4. I'm thinking a restore might help but whenever I try to download the firmware from iTunes it keeps timing out and forcing me to start the download over (slow ass DSL). Anyone know of a torrent or could someone possibly make one for me? :eek:

Thanks in advance.

2. H.B.I.C macrumors member

By the time you get the help/file you need, you could have completed the download i'm sure.

3. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

The problem is it keeps timing out on itunes thus forcing me to start the download over which is a 6 hour download for me. Also, I've looked everywhere on the web I know to look for the file with no luck. If I could get a torrent file it would at least save what I have downloaded so far if my connection were to drop.

Thanks for the reply though.

4. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Wow, you'd rather have a torrent over a direct link from the actual source?

Maybe my experience with torrents were tainted, but nothing beats getting it from Apple themselves.

For large downloads, I suggest a download accelerator like Free Download Manager (www.freedownloadmanager.org) for PC, or iGetter (www.igetter.net) for PC and Mac.

6. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

Torrents are especially great for large files, at least in my experience. But a download manager may work, I just need something that will save what I've downloaded so far if/when my connection drops. Thanks for the help.

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i don't think you understand how torrents work.

sure, someone could make a torrent, but it would take forever for you to download it as you would only be seeding it off 1 person, the uploader.

if you wanna find a torrent of iOS4, go to a torrent site and find one that's full of seeders.

that being said, you'll get faster speeds from Apple than torrents.

8. hsleiman thread starter macrumors regular

I know how torrents work. Do people actually read what's been posted before replying? :rolleyes: I've said at least 2 times that a torrent would be nice because my connection is dropping where I am and I need to be able to save what I have downloaded so far so I can resume the download when the connection comes back. It's not about download speed (although that would be nice but impossible where I am right now). I think a download manager might accomplish my goals and I hadn't thought of it before someone suggested it.