Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jviphone

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Fits pretty well with some space..hoping to fit with the bumper, the 3gs fit but real tight, this fits smooth, no forcing and charges and connects to the mac/pc with the charging cable..

I had this 1g dock lying around and figured Id give it a try.. happy with it..

_DSC0122.jpg

GameraFan

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
Fits pretty well with some space..hoping to fit with the bumper, the 3gs fit but real tight, this fits smooth, no forcing and charges and connects to the mac/pc with the charging cable..

I had this 1g dock lying around and figured Id give it a try.. happy with it..

Doesn't fit with bumper on.

Gadget Chief

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
What is the point of a dock? I've had a multiple ipods and an iphone for years but not sure what they are for?

Downey92

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Does it lift out of the dock nicely? i.e without having to press down on the dock and pull the iPhone to get it out.

jrcsh6

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
this was brought up before but glad you found out too. it's pretty cool for those of us who like docks. :D

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
What is the point of a dock? I've had a multiple ipods and an iphone for years but not sure what they are for?

It's a little cleaner than having your iPhone lying on the desk if you have multiple cables running out of it (USB cable, audio out, etc).

But you're better off getting the universal Dock anyways, since you can always use it with any iPod/iPhone and plus it comes with a remote to control music with...which is even better now since it'll work with Pandora, etc. with 4.0.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Does it lift out of the dock nicely? i.e without having to press down on the dock and pull the iPhone to get it out.

With my 3GS dock I usually put my pinkie on the dock as I pull the phone out. You don't have to force it in. It fits nicely and is easy to pull out.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I've had this first gen dock sitting in my desk and was just about to buy an iphone 4 dock. Glad I saw this thread! Works perfectly.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
This is the 7th or so thread on this. We need to make one of them a sticky because posts fall of this forum way too fast compared to a year ago.

Slides in and out just as easily as stock. I place the knife edge of my hand on the bottom and lift off with my thumb and fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.