iphone 4 fits in original iphone dock fairly well

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lostsol, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Lostsol macrumors regular

I went back to the walmart here in nc that had an iphone in stock and took my original dock with me. I was very careful with it so nobody freak out !!! --it's a demo anyway. It fit in the dock really nice. Not perfect but well enough to make the contacts and stand up sturdy.

I wanted to know if I would need a new dock because the reception in my house is not good unless I leave it in the dock and use the bluetooth. So just for your info if you want to save the $$ on a new one. Plus right now they seem to be shipping late so they'll be hard to come by at first.

2. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

3. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

yeah it's behind the counter though. I posted a thread about it last night and got slammed by the negative nellies cause I didn't have pics. The guy at the counter was really nice and he let me check it out. I had to go back today for other stuff so I took my dock to find out. Still didn't take pics but I think there is enough proof out there now that the iphones are in the wild.

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

woah try to get some pics! I am surprised they have a display phone though

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Oh wow nice. I have two docks from my original 2G.

6. Lostsol thread starter macrumors regular

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I wouldn't trust one that fits "fairly well". I am paranoid about putting strain on the dock connector port, so I usually stay away from docks in general, especially non-specific ones.

8. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Are there imitation docks for cheap? I don't want to waste a total of $90 on plastic docks(previous iPhones all had apple docks).