IPhone 4 fixed is confusing - ???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPadThai, Jul 2, 2010.

1. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

So apple releases an official statement and is offering a fix in a few weeks via software- that's nice. I will wait and see if this fixes the atenna issues but please don't release the software update after my 30day purchasing period!

Now they say AT&T provided them with new data and in combination with apple revised the way the bars are being displayed. I'd like to know if they also worked with carriers from other countries??? Did orange, vodaphone, TMOBILE mess up/ provide bad data?

Or am I reading their statement about fixing the issue incorrectly? I will still think it's software related but unless they revise their algorithms with other carriers in othernparts of the world how does this really fix anything??

2. tommyboy21 macrumors member

I think you bring up a great point! The PR article only mentions AT&T. I would be curious to know if they worked with other carriers. I believe some people on the forums posted that the "death grip" worked on their phones in other countries...so why wouldn't Apple work with other carriers. Something seems fishy here.

3. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

All the fix is going to do is change the bars that are displayed. It won't change how your reception actually is.

If your phone isn't working for you now, it won't work for you after the update, so return it.

If your phone works for you now, it will still work after the update, so keep it.

Simple as that. 30 day return window is a non issue.

They will also more then likely be including a bunch of other fixes for other issues.