iPhone 4 flash problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Looon, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

For some reason my iPhone 4 flash camera is suddenly acting very strangely when taking pictures. I've never had this problem before and I can't seem to figure it out. I tried rebooting the phone etc... but it still occurs

Looked around for threads about this but the only one I saw the guy never said if he got it fixed or what ended up happening

As you can see from the photos the flash is creating a huge bright spot on the side whenever it goes off. Tried different angles, moving my hands, moving the location, taking off the case I had on and it still happens. Should I just go to the apple store do you think they will replace it?

Attached Files:

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Do you have a case on your phone that could be causing the problem?

As for Apple doing something about it, I'm always puzzled by this question. How would anyone here know what Apple will or won't d We don't know for certain what the problem is and, even if we did, Apple employees are given a lot of leeway so even if one won't help you, there's a chance that another will.

Take it in, be nice, and hope for the best.

3. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Looks like you've got some dust between the lens and the camera. Try taking the back off the phone and giving it a good puff of air. There is a seal around the camera that should've prevented this, check to be sure it does not need repositioned.

[​IMG]

4. Looon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looon

Tried with the case off, same results.
    And I ask because someone might have had a similar experience and it's not unreasonable to ask if they might have some insight or if they would share their experience.