Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Everytime I use the flash its blinding, the first time I did I screamed. I played a prank too and I did it to my friend and she screamed too(pic is of her). Blurry because I was laughing :) Is this normal? I also have a case on if that might be the problem?
1280400915.jpg

mapocher

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
The flash on my iPhone4 is pretty bright too. It's about as bright as the flash on my old BB 9700. Kinda hard to get a good, clear picture but I just try not to use the camera when it's too dark.

comingout

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
The flash on my iPhone4 is pretty bright too. It's about as bright as the flash on my old BB 9700. Kinda hard to get a good, clear picture but I just try not to use the camera when it's too dark.

does this photo shot by iphone?

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010

Aw this sucks, I won't even try to use the flash anymore anyways because the photos
come out bad when my friends & I are major squinting...

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
Any LED flash is going to be bright . From Iphones to HTC phones . So in a nutshell your iPhone 4 light being really bright is normal as it is on other phones .

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Any LED flash is going to be bright . From Iphones to HTC phones . So in a nutshell your iPhone 4 light being really bright is normal as it is on other phones .

Eh my old 3 yr old blackberry pearl flash wasn't this bright to me. It was actually usable...

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
Eh my old 3 yr old blackberry pearl flash wasn't this bright to me. It was actually usable...

I don't think your BlackBerry compares to the Camera of the iPhone 4, either take your photos in Daylight, or don't use flash if it's such a problem. Don't like it? Return it for Flash being too bright.

Seriously, everyone complains when there is no flash, now when there is flash, it's still a problem. :mad:

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I don't think your BlackBerry compares to the Camera of the iPhone 4, either take your photos in Daylight, or don't use flash if it's such a problem. Don't like it? Return it for Flash being too bright.

Seriously, everyone complains when there is no flash, now when there is flash, it's still a problem. :mad:

Haha as I said above I won't try to use the flash. I wasn't complaining, just wondering If anyone else thought the same. Don't get so angry.

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
Haha as I said above I won't try to use the flash. I wasn't complaining, just wondering If anyone else thought the same. Don't get so angry.

Sorry, just frustrated, spending a bit too much time here this morning. On another note, if you do get Flash working then feel free to send me photos of your friend. :cool:;)

DanggxAmanda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Sorry, just frustrated, spending a bit too much time here this morning. On another note, if you do get Flash working then feel free to send me photos of your friend. :cool:;)

Friend-left. Me-right. Ive always beat her on looks and boyfriends hahahah.
1280404742.png

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
You want a dim flash? You are moving the camera during the shot!! When the light first goes on (to close the pupils and help with red eye) you need to hold the camera still. Then the shutter will open and take the shot. Hold it still and the flash is great. There is a delay that you are not accounting for. :)

gigapocket1

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2009
idk what u guys are talkiing about. here are some pictures ive taken with my flash in pitch black night time.. (they look even better on the phone). but they still look pretty good..

i also had to downgrade the quality because the pictures was to big to upload. sooo.. yeah..

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.