iPhone 4 flash too bright?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanggxAmanda, Jul 29, 2010.

1. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Everytime I use the flash its blinding, the first time I did I screamed. I played a prank too and I did it to my friend and she screamed too(pic is of her). Blurry because I was laughing :) Is this normal? I also have a case on if that might be the problem?[​IMG]

2. mapocher macrumors newbie

The flash on my iPhone4 is pretty bright too. It's about as bright as the flash on my old BB 9700. Kinda hard to get a good, clear picture but I just try not to use the camera when it's too dark.

3. comingout macrumors newbie

does this photo shot by iphone?

4. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Yep taken by my iPhone 4...

5. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

well, it's a FLASH, not a flashlight

it's supposed to be bright, no?

6. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Aw this sucks, I won't even try to use the flash anymore anyways because the photos
    come out bad when my friends & I are major squinting...

7. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Its not supposed to be BLINDING bright as to where everyone is majorly squinting because it hurts!

8. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

Any LED flash is going to be bright . From Iphones to HTC phones . So in a nutshell your iPhone 4 light being really bright is normal as it is on other phones .

9. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Eh my old 3 yr old blackberry pearl flash wasn't this bright to me. It was actually usable...

10. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

I don't think your BlackBerry compares to the Camera of the iPhone 4, either take your photos in Daylight, or don't use flash if it's such a problem. Don't like it? Return it for Flash being too bright.

Seriously, everyone complains when there is no flash, now when there is flash, it's still a problem. :mad:

11. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Haha as I said above I won't try to use the flash. I wasn't complaining, just wondering If anyone else thought the same. Don't get so angry.

12. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Sorry, just frustrated, spending a bit too much time here this morning. On another note, if you do get Flash working then feel free to send me photos of your friend. :cool:;)

13. DanggxAmanda thread starter macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

Friend-left. Me-right. Ive always beat her on looks and boyfriends hahahah.[​IMG]

14. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

If it wasn't as bright then it wouldn't be a very good flash, would it?

15. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

You want a dim flash? You are moving the camera during the shot!! When the light first goes on (to close the pupils and help with red eye) you need to hold the camera still. Then the shutter will open and take the shot. Hold it still and the flash is great. There is a delay that you are not accounting for. :)

16. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

idk what u guys are talkiing about. here are some pictures ive taken with my flash in pitch black night time.. (they look even better on the phone). but they still look pretty good..

i also had to downgrade the quality because the pictures was to big to upload. sooo.. yeah..

Attached Files: