iPhone 4 flash turning people orange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobNYC, Jun 26, 2010.

1. RobNYC macrumors 6502

Has anyone had this issue? Last night a took a couple of pictures using the flash in a dim room and people came out really orange looking. Anyone else had that issue?

2. xmtgx macrumors regular

nope, grainy night photos, sets the iso really high i guess

3. bjobes macrumors regular

Same here. Its looks like a really bad tanning lotion and my dog is evil with green glowing eyes

4. xmtgx macrumors regular

Well thats red eye, iphones software doesnt handle it. Once you transfer it any photo editing software can fix it.
    Dunno whats up with the orange though, Not having that problem so I cant help :/

5. RobNYC thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm weird. I wonder if it's a defect on the camera. Day pictures are fine but it must be something to do with the color processing in low light situations.

6. WhyYouSoBlurry macrumors newbie

I noticed the off orange color from a couple photos (but not all) last night as well. Has to be just some color correction being done in the phone. The free photoshop mobile app does some easy color correction right in the phone.

7. RobNYC thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I was fooling around with that last night. Still kind of annoying though. I know it's only a camera on the phone but i'd rather not have to adjust every night picture taken on it.

I might wait a couple of weeks and check it out at the genius bar and see what they say.

8. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Yep, took some photos in a bar and everyone came out looking like a cast member of Jersey Shore. Some adjustments vin Photoshop can cure that.

9. AppCart macrumors newbie

Can anyone with Photoshop knowledge provide a brief tutorial on how to make these look better?

10. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I took one night picture so far and it did not look bad. My dog's eyes were eerie though. She's eerie anyway!

11. seasterling macrumors newbie

Same here. Seems like a problem with the white balance. Daylight is fine, but any type of artificial light, including the flash, is very yelllow.

12. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

13. RobNYC thread starter macrumors 6502

So what are people specifically doing to the pictures to remedy this, desaturation? Change the tint? (using Photoshop mobile of course).

14. n0lram macrumors newbie

i mostly notice this when i take pics with the flash and artificial lighting around (ncandescent light bulbs)