iPhone 4 Flashes (one time) upon turning it on from Sleep Mode.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Robby C, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Robby C, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

Robby C macrumors regular

Robby C

Hi all,
    Hopefully my title was pretty self-explanatory but I'll go ahead and explain more here. When I'm turning my phone on from sleep mode it does a quick white flash, probably less than a millisecond. I know it's a small issue seeing as everything else works. However, it is something that is a problem that didn't happen up until today.

The only contributing aspect that may have affected the phone is the potential that it was a little cold outside and I left my phone in my jacket on the ground during lacrosse practice today. However it is not that cold, the temperature said it's around 40º so I don't assume that would cause an issue for the phone; considering the phone was only outside for an hour and a half.

Not I have seen others with similar issues, and have tried their methods of solution but none have worked. The phone is currently being restored so I will let you all know if that cures the problem.

I have done a soft reset (home button + on/off button) several times, turned it off and back on, and now am attempting a restore. So far none of these have come to an avail.

Should this not work, I would greatly appreciate help to figure out a solution that may work. I would rather not get a refurb because I do currently have a screen protector on the phone, and they (Apple) do not replace those.

Thanks in advance,
    Robby

Edit; The restore seems to have worked.

Edit 2: it's back again

2. bigtallguy macrumors member

I don't really have an answer to the problem you described. All I can say is that I too have experienced the quick flash when unlocking my phone. It's probably only happened a few times to me, I'm not really worried about it.

3. Robby C thread starter macrumors regular

Robby C

I will admit, I'm not too worried about it and probably won't get a refurbished phone if there's no solution.

Especially if it's only a sporadic "time-to-time" kind of deal. Restore just finished... the restore seems to have worked fine.

Spoke too soon, the problem is back.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Restore from backup or restore then start new?

5. Robby C thread starter macrumors regular

Robby C

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did it from a backup that previously did not have the issue. I know restoring from a new firmware would be safest but it would also rid me of all my information saved into apps, correct? For example I have a checkbook in there with lots of entries that I like to use for reference. That's just one example. But I would presume that is my last, if not only, option left.