iPhone 4 Flying Over Piedmont Hills High School

jrjrdinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3ip0JOE-o

Saw it on YouTube and wanted to do exactly the same thing. It was an amateur set up but we were able to do it! We got balloons from Safeway and attached the iPhone 4 to it.

Arrived at Piedmont Hills track and released it. Anthony Shih was in charge of moving the balloons, Jonathan Tan was in charge of the camera contraption, and I was in charge of the video recordings.

This was made with no intentions and just for fun.

Let me know what you think and feedback, thanks :]

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
why did you put it in that horrible aspect ratio? You definitely should have put the phone on its side.

101AirAssault

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
I didn't have on the sound so can't complain about the tunes but I thought it was kinda cool. Next time go up higher.... get one of those 1k foot kite twine and send that sucker up!

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Next Video to redeem yourself; real music, landscape widescreen orientation, and a beach or Sorority House instead of a football field.

jrjrdinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks for your honest feedback, I will consider doing this again, it was fun.

Reason it was on a football field was because I was afraid the phone might drop ._.

If it did at least maybe it'd get some cushion on the grass haha.

PC Engine

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2010
People took videos with their Nokia N95s in remote controlled airplanes/helicopters more than two years ago.

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
That's a cool idea and it has lots of potential. I agree with the others regarding the obnoxious music and the orientation, but I am looking forward to seeing your next efforts.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
+1

Turn phone to landscape mode, tap home button twice, swipe left and click the rotate lock
If only that worked. Rotation lock only works in portrait mode, you can't lock into landscape. Not only that, but the camera overrides the rotation lock anyway.

jrjrdinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
+1

Turn phone to landscape mode, tap home button twice, swipe left and click the rotate lock
I changed the music, not sure if it's any better, could someone recommend me some songs?

Wow you could do that I didn't know, I will try again in the morning sometimes next week where there isn't so much wind.

I'm planning to go up the hills in San Jose where there are a lot of rich houses, what do you guys think? Should be a nice view up there :]

jrjrdinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Landscape View
New Music
Go Higher Up
Going up the Hill for better setting
Gonna go when it's not so windy
Fishing Line

Hopefully it works this time :]

Suggestions?

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Landscape View
New Music
Go Higher Up
Going up the Hill for better setting
Gonna go when it's not so windy
Fishing Line

Hopefully it works this time :]

Suggestions?
Enable MobileMe's "Find my iPhone" feature in case your string breaks. If you don't have MM, get the free trial.

jrjrdinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks! I'll be sure to update that, good back up in case it flies away haha

jrjrdinh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Attempt #2

Going to do it again tomorrow morning, subscribe to my channel if you want to see it first!

I'm going to go up the hills where there's a lot of nice houses and send the iphone up extremely high!