iPhone 4 FM Transmitter

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheAppleGeek, Nov 18, 2010.

1. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have one for my 2nd Generation iPod Touch, but it doesn't support any iPhone. I get paid tomorrow, and am in need of a good-to-decent iPhone-supported FM Transmitter. My price range will be around $30 - $50, or so.

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

That's weird, I have a Monster FM transmitter for ipods, the iphone says it doesn't work, but it's worked for my ipod Video, ipod nano (2nd gen), ipod colour (4th gen), and my 3G, 3GS, and 4. Literally every apple "portable" player i own,

It will say it won't work for the iphones, but you just hit dismiss and it works anyways, are you sure yours doesn't work at all? if not, I'd say gluck to you, there's like 0239810293801 of em, and its hit or miss, the monster one works so well in my car, but runs like crap on my friends corolla. Whatever you get, make sure the place has a return policy,

3. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I had the Griffin AutoTrip that I loved with my 3G, but it won't work with the 4 (no option for dismiss... it simply does nothing but charge). So I upgraded to Griffin's new univeral FM transmitter which uses the headphone jack and still gives you a usb port to also charge. I'm happy with it! Works just fine. The reviews on Amazon tell you how to change it to international mode, which I did, and I'm using the suggested 87.9 station with zero problems. :)

$20 cheaper on Amazon, also.

4. iBrody macrumors 6502

The trouble with most of the transmitters that plug directly into the dock, they are not always backward compatible with older gen iPods.

I have an iPod video and iP4 and if I wanted an FM transmitter to work with both, I am pretty sure I would be stuck with having to buy one of the ones that plug into the headphone socket like the Belkin TuneBase FM.

5. TheAppleGeek thread starter macrumors 6502a

I saw this at Best Buy, and was going to buy it, but thought I had to have an auxiliary input, which my car does not have. So, I bought an iTrip - it works just fine - but only connects to my phone. Now, looking at the site, I see it does not need an auxiliary input and I am quite disappointed in myself. I spent an extra $10 on something that does less than this!

I may just go try and return it to get this. This seems loads better than what I have now - and it charges!

Thanks for letting me know, by the way. :)

6. djgulia macrumors 6502