iPhone 4 for 30 days ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnbee, Aug 24, 2011.

1. johnbee macrumors newbie

I currently have an iPhone 3gs with At&t. I plan on getting the iPhone 5 when it eventually comes out.
    Next month i'm going on vacation and it would like to have an iPhone 4 for various reasons that i can't talk about on this forum ;)

is their anyway that i could get an iPhone 4 to use for my vacation, return it for a refund or exchange it when the iPhone 5 comes out ?

thanks in advance for your help

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Ah, I see, you wish to use FaceTime :p

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

There's usually a 14 day return policy through AT&T(not sure about Verizon or Apple Store) and a 30 day return policy through Best Buy. Thought if you lose or otherwise damage it on vacation(since you won't talk about it), you might have a very hard time returning it.

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

5. tjb117 macrumors newbie

I think your friend might have been told a fib. I've bought cell phones from walmart before (including my current iphone 4), and it's never been 90 days for a phone. I think it used to be 30, but not sure if it's still 30 or is now 15.

The link you posted is for Walmart.com purchases, not in store purchases. And you can't purchase phones directly from Walmart.com (takes you to affiliate LetsTalk) And even still, they don't sell iPhones through Walmart.com, it specifically says, in store only. Go here to see the in-store policy.

Here

In particular, note the very first section:

•Computers, camcorders, digital cameras, digital music players, e-tablets, e-readers, portable video players, GPS units, video game hardware, pre-paid cell phones, and post-paid cell phones must be returned within 15 days with a receipt.

She might very well have bought it for $100, a lot of places are discounting, but I think she's going to be out of luck trying to return it after 30 days, much less 90 days, unless they make a special exception for her.