iphone 4 for a samsung galaaxy tab

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EricAndy, Dec 26, 2010.

1. EricAndy, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010

EricAndy macrumors newbie

This is probably the weirdest exchange anyone has ever seen, but I want your guys opinion about exchanging my iphone 4 32gb with 4.1 and 1.59 baseband exchange for a samsung galaxy tab from ATT. A little history, i have any iphone 4 32Gb, which i purchased from craiglist. i dont have an ATT or Tmobile neither do i use my iphone as a phone, i have a 2 hr train ride everyday and i use it to catch up on news, watch movies, read books etc.. now pls dont worry about why i have any iphone if i dont use it as a phone - lets just say i am an apple fanboy and i use the phone part at home when i am on wifi and google voice

for my purposes i saw the ipad but i felt it was a little big and didnt get me as much as the new samsung galaxy tab did when i played with it today - that little 7 inch thing - jumped at me - i love it - it would be perfect to read books - watch movies - play games - and maybe make calls - by the way - i have service with sprint - which i will never let go ever ever never ever..

so what do u guys say - is it worth it - i might be able to wiggle a galaxy tab and a iphone 3gs maybe on CL - but wanted your guys opinion before i jumped in - and omg - that tab is awesome - i see it making some nice waves around the world...

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

Dont personally know why you were so impressed. I played with one and was significantly underwhelmed. I think Jobs was right about these 7' tablets. They are just too small to be useful. And the Android build clearly wasn't meant for tablets. The thing froze on me when I was using it. Not to mention Android to me feels like a glitchy, stuttering, cheap Indian knockoff of an operating system. It's just not smooth, and most of the apps are garbage.

Get the iPad.

3. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

one is a phone, one is a tablet.

Why are you using an iPhone 4 as an ipod ? My guess is financial problems or posing like you can afford to use it ?

You should keep what makes you happy. Your way of thinking sounds like its different than normal people, so It would be difficult to advise you on this trade.

4. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I agree at the lack of consistency with the android os. Too many cooks (operators) spoil the broth

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I, and others here who actually own a Tab, like it just fine. Fast, plenty of memory, light weight in comparison to the iPad, and good battery life.

It's easy to replace the app launcher if you wish, and customize it. I have mine set up with all the same apps I have on my iOS devices... from USAToday to eBay to Angry Birds to Pulse news reader.

Around the house, I find that a magazine sized iPad is good. For commuting, I'm like you: the 7" large paperback book size is more handy and far easier to carry in a coat pocket. Mine is in a leather case that opens like a daybook planner.

6. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I replaced my iPad with a Galaxy Tab, and am 100% satisfied with it. The screen looks gorgeous and it has some good software.

I also have the iPhone 4. I think you should sell the iPhone and then buy a tab. I bought my Sprint Galaxy Tab for $400 on craigslist with no contract. I think you can sell the iPhone for $550-600.

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you're impressed with the Tab then by all mean do it. I personally wouldn't waste money on it. So overpriced and underwhelmed when i tried it. YMMV.
    7" is nice though.

8. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

What's the point of owning both iPod and iPhone anyways when the iPhone has an iPod function :confused:

9. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

I would much rather have a Galaxy Tab then an Iphone 4 if you're not even using it as a phone.

10. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

If you don't use the iphone as a phone, then go for it. The size of the Tab makes it a lot better for bringing with you on the plane or in the car. It even fits in jacket pockets in case you want to use it as some kind of overgrown mp3 player.

11. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

How about the Galaxy Tab and an iPod Touch 4???