iphone 4 for att employees

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mandely88, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mandely88 macrumors newbie

anyone familiar with policy on att employees getting iphone 4? fairly certain cant preorder from att, what about 3rd party i.e. apple, best buy, radioshack

2. emaja macrumors 68000

Not sure how it is everywhere, but I have friends that work for Best Buy and they are not allowed to buy iPhones at launch. No reservations are allowed. I think they have to wait 90 days.

That's why these friends are going to AT&T or Apple instead. It seems silly to me. As long as the employees do not get preference, they are customers so they should be able to stand in line like anyone else. I guess it is to reduce the appearance of preference, but not sure.

3. mandely88 thread starter macrumors newbie

so if i work for att and order from apple then they cant really discipline me right?

4. larryj macrumors member

My brother-in-law works for at&t (nothing related to mobile phones) and he says he can't get one for 3 months.

5. Zexel macrumors member

Shouldn't your company have informed you of this already? I work for Best Buy and they made us well aware that we can't purchase the iPhone 4 until demand has been fulfilled. That's why I'm buying from Apple. :)

6. mandely88 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah they said we cant buy but it was almost like they were trying to tell us we cant get it from a 3rd party either, any thoughts?

7. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'm not sure why this would be.

I think the main reason stores do this is they don't want customers to think the employees are managing to use the fact that they work there as an advantage to get stuff before customers and leaving the non employee customers less items to buy. So I don't know what their reasoning would be to prevent you from getting it from another store. In fact I'd think it would be in their best interest the employees have iphones cause if the employee has the phone and likes it he's much more likely to sell more when he can truly recommend the product.

8. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Just have your family members come in and upgrade the phones.

9. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

How can your company stop you from purchasing a product from another outlet ON YOUR DAY OFF? Think about it for a moment.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I got a friend that works at a corporate AT&T store and he said the same.
    After a while they will give him one free of charge as a company phone but he has to turn in his old 3G model and probably has to wait till all preorders and the buzz dies down.
    And when he gets one its not really his, its the companys.
    If he leaves he's gotta hand it in or if he wants to update or change phone he has to return it.
    He cant even JB his iphone cause he'd get in trouble by his manager he said.
    Some dude that used to work with him showed some customers his JB and customized iphone and his boss got mad and fired him. He took his iphone back and everything. Strict rules I guess :D

11. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

so why not just go to Apple and order it? What's it gonna hurt?

12. emaja macrumors 68000

Not sure how it is any business of theirs. My friends at BB never got any flack for it.

13. rleepremier macrumors member

this reminds me of when the playstation 3 came out and the manager at a best buy hid one in the back for himself and got fired because of it. sounds to me that you just cant buy from your store. how can they stop you from getting it from a third party? if your wife or husband or gf buys you an iphone 4 as a surprise you have to return it or get fired? rediculous.