iPhone 4 for Parent???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlackMamba14, Apr 16, 2011.

  1. BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2011
    #1
    My parent is still using the Original iPhone, and is in desperate need of an upgrade. Should I get her an iPhone 4 or wait for 5? September seems a long ways away.
     
  2. iApples macrumors 65816

    iApples

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    #2
    Well they've used the original iPhone for this long... I don't really see how a few more months of waiting could hurt. It would definitely be in your best interest to wait. Don't purchase a 10 month old device now. (Not saying that the iPhone 4 is bad, because it's amazing) I personally would just wait.
     
  3. macingman macrumors 68020

    macingman

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
    #3
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

    I say get in now if their happy with a original they will be thrilled with an iPhone 4 and it seems like they don't care about having the latest and greatest.
     
  4. ineedamac macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Location:
    Ohio
    #4
    If they still have the original iPhone then go ahead and get them the iPhone 4 now. They will see a huge improvement over the original iPhone.

    Do not wait.
     
  5. pkwon macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    #5
    It totally depends on your parents. Does the original iphone still work? If so, I think they can wait until Apple announces the new device. Rumor says it will be delayed, other rumors says it will come out as usual. Only Apple will tell us in May.
     
  6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2010
    Location:
    Scarborough, United Kingdom
    #6
    If she has had the original iPhone this long I'm sure she can wait a few more months so definitely hold on till the iPhone 5.

    btw, that's a pretty nice present! You must be a nice person :)
     
  7. saberahul macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #7
    I am. Thanks :)
     
  8. vincenz macrumors 601

    vincenz

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2008
    #8
    Go for the 4-- I'm assuming your parent isn't looking for the latest and greatest all the time anyway.

    Even if the 5 does come out in June, the 4 will still be more than enough if he/she has been using the original until now.
     
  9. W1MRK macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2010
    #9
    Depends on how much tech they want out of it. For mine as its basic use a 4 would be fine. Depends on the needs I guess.
     

Share This Page