iPhone 4 forever unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by klo-mac, Nov 11, 2011.

1. klo-mac macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi

Few weeks ago I bought brand new iPhone on eBay from AT&T and used to unlock a gevey sim.

Now is unlocked and anything works gr8, but I have a question:

First when I turn on for first time before unlocked it was carrier AT&T after unlock I don't see it, even when I don't use gevey sim.

Does this means is unlocked forever ? ( I suppose is stupid question, but I'm asking just because I dont like gevey sim card holder)

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, your phone is locked to AT&T.
    Is not unlocked, it is LOCKED forever.
    If you update the firmware gevey will not work any more and it will only work with AT&T sims.
    You're stuck using the gevey if you want to use it on any other carrier than AT&T and be carefull not to update or you will lose that option also.
    If you want a forever unlocked iphone you should get a factory unlocked and sell the one you have.

3. klo-mac thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you for time to reply. Will live with gevey :)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome, and I know gevey is a pain to deal with sometimes.