iPhone 4 Freezing problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OhSoulLegit, Jul 10, 2011.

1. OhSoulLegit macrumors newbie

I recently bought a brand new white iPhone 4 a few days ago from Verizon, and the first thing I did was jailbreak it after I got it. Now for the past few days whenever I wake up, the iphone is frozen ..and the only way I can turn it back on is by resetting it with the home and power buttons. does anyone know how I can fix this?

It works fine during the day but for some reason it freezes overnight when I'm asleep.

Also if I restore it to try and fix this problem, will the firmware update to the latest one , I'm on 4.2.8 currently and I'd rather leave it at that .

2. Qoo macrumors 6502

i just helped my friend to jailbreak his Verizon Iphone 4 this afternoon by using jailbreakme 3.0. it actually got stuck at the Apple logo and won't do anything else. Since his backup on his laptop, so i will need to wait he bring in the laptop so i can help him to fix the problem.

I searched on this forum it seems a lot of people used jailbreakme 3.0 to jailbreak the verizon iphone 4 have the same problem, some of them said restore the phone and use Redsnow to jailbreak, maybe i will give it a try.

I think the lastest firmware for the verizon iphone 4 is 4.2.8

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Jailbreakme.com is unstable for iPhones. You shouldn't have any trouble jailbreaking 4.2.8 with redsnow.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

The crashes could be resulting from a hacked program or add-on that you've installed. The latest os for Verizon is 4.2.8 so you'll be fine if you decide to do a restore.