iPhone 4 freezing up with black screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yankintx, Jun 30, 2010.

1. yankintx macrumors 6502

Last night I was running the cnbc real time app and my screen went dark. I could see the backlight was still on but the screen was a lit black screen. For a few minutes I presses all the buttons and finally the phone booted up.

This morning my phone did the same thing for no reason. I finally had to press both the power button and home screen button to get it to re boot.

When I ran the new game. Eliminate gun range, the phone did the same thing

Anyone else have similar problems or know what it may be? My concern is that I may not be able to replicate it at the genius bar if I take the phone there

2. yankintx thread starter macrumors 6502

No one else with the same problem I guess. Time to return this dud for another one!

3. PezRadar macrumors regular

I had this type of problem.. mine would fall asleep and not wake back up.. I'd have ot reset it each time. Did it 10 times in a day.

I took it to the Genius bar and got a replacement.

4. Aschlueter macrumors newbie

Similar problem

My iPhone 4 32gb has frozen about 5-8 times a day, usually when it's on my pocket or bag. I can't replicate it on demand, hopefully I cac get a replacement.

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

my coworker has this problem as well as the proximity sensor issue. I scheduled her for a Genius Bar appt to get it replaced.