Iphone 4 frozen on apple logo

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jason B, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Jason B macrumors regular

I have an Iphone 4, on 4.3.2 firmware with Redsnow 0.9.6rc16 jailbreak. Had this for 4 months and everything has been fine. I did some updates in cydia, like 4, and it asked me to reboot. Ever since then, it's stuck on the apple logo. I followed the steps here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE6AQNYUR0A

to "Boot Tethered" from the same redsnow I used 4 months ago, 0.9.6rc16, and it goes through the processes and at the end the sceen on the phone goes white, and then you get a pineapple logo that hangs just as long as the apple logo did before. After I do a hard reset the pineapple logo, doesn' come back, but the apple logo does again, again, and again, after multiple hard resets and hangs.

Would a newer redsnow version work better? Not sure if I should use a newer one than the original 0.9.6rc16 that is one the phone when trying that tethered boot?

I don't want to restore because I haven't backed up in 5 months.

Not sure if I should use a newer jb than the original 0.9.6rc16 that is one the phone when trying that tethered boot?

I'm looking for anything to try, or some way to boot it to get all my current
    I don't think I have ssh installed on the iphone. Can't a custom redsnow be installed that would put ssh on the phone?? Anything?

2. prince9 macrumors newbie

concet usb iphone to ur pc(must conect to net) not to ur iphone
    2/ then press power + home in ur phone untill shut down
    3/ press home with ur left hand and concet cable in ur phone with other hand
    4/contuniu press home untill u see usb an itunes logo
    5/ then restor ur phone #

tested by me
    thx
    this my first messege in this forums