iPhone 4 Getting Extremely Hot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hsleiman, Jun 28, 2010.

1. hsleiman macrumors regular

My iphone 4 has been getting extremely hot even with everything turned off/down (airplane mode, no background apps, screen on the lowest setting). I can also literally watch the battery percentage go down. I can only get about an hour of life out of the damn thing. Would a restore fix this issue or is the phone defective? I ask instead of just doing a restore because I am out of the country on vacation with slow ass internet so if a restore won't help I don't want to waste the time downloading the ipsw. Thanks for any help guys.

Anyone with similar issues?

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I notice mine gets quite hot on the metal edge, especially when it's charging and I'm talking on it.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Mine gets warm if I'm using it while it's charging, but not too hot.

4. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

I thought this was going to be an ad for 1-900-FaceTime...

5. hott4iphone macrumors newbie

Hot iPhone 4

My husband and I recently got the iPhone 4 and three days after we got them his got so hot that we couldn't hold it. It went off and we were not even able to call out or get a call. It totally went off. I tried everything and finally plugged it into the computer and for the computer to recognize it I had to hold down the home button and the lock button. It took a minute but it finally recognized it. The only option it would give me was recovery. We did that and it took over an hour. We got finished with that and it told us that the recovery had failed. It gave me the error 1601. I finally got it to come back on and everything was still there. It has worked fine since then, but I will be contacting Apple about this problem. This happened to us on 6-27-2010. Although it is frustrating I am glad to know that we are not the only one with the problem. I hope this helps. Good luck with the new TECHNOLOGY... isn't it grand!! I forgot to mention that my husband also had a case on his and I never put one on mine! Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

You tell me something. 1.7 million in 3 days.. one of the hottest items ever!

AM I RIGHT?

7. hott4iphone macrumors newbie

You are right and I LOVE my iPhone 4... Just not all the kinks and bugs that need to be worked out! :p

8. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Doesn't get as hot as my original iPhone. I would say it's about the same as my old 3G.

9. decadentdave macrumors 6502

More like 1-900-FACEPALM...

[​IMG]