iPhone 4 getting very hot on bottom right!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMoo, Jun 25, 2010.

1. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

Hello there everyone and i'm not trying to diss Apple even further as i am too a bit peeved that my iPhone suffers from the drop in 3G reception when holding the phone in the exact way i have holded every phone including my first Motorolla. You have to partially hold the bottom left even if it's just with your pinky finger under the bottom, to stop it slipping out of your hand. Why they just didnt include this areial at the top, who knows!?

Anyhow i noticed whilst doing speed tests and then looking for some wallpapers using safari (maybe 20mins continues use, max!) that the right hand side at the bottom, just bellow where the sim tray is seems to be getting very hot :eek:
    Is this close to where the A4 chip is situated? I noticed to the touch with my finger it getting warm and also (please don't laugh at how scientific this was) i rested the metal above my top lip to see how warm it was (as this area is more sensative) and clearly found that this small area was much hotter than everywhere else on the phone. Leaving it a further 5 mins on standby it seems to have decipited all the heat and is same temp all round again.

My only concern at this early stage is, what if i was using the internet for a longer period of time? Can anyone else confirm that this also does it on their iPhone 4's just to make sure it's not just mine. As i am wanting to fully test my iPhone before i go on holiday in a weeks time.

2. connfamily macrumors member

You know.......last night right after I got my new phone hooked up at AT&T I went to get a pedicure and while I was waiting I was loading apps. I noticed that my phone was getting really hot!!

Mostly in the bottom part around the sides of the phone. I was a little worried. Then I stopped playing with it and haven't noticed it again.....but wasn't using it continuously like last night.

3. iMoo thread starter macrumors regular

iMoo

Any one noticing the right hand side of the phone and also the right part at the back getting hot whilst playing games on the phone.

It seems that after around 10 mins of playing a game it starts to get hot. Not scollding hot but enough to call it hot over just warm.

Is this normal or will i need it replacing?

4. seb1987 macrumors member

i have had the same issue, i took it to the genius bar in the trafford centre uk, and the genius said that its normal to do that and that the only way there could be a fault is if the temperature warning message comes up, i found him to be uninterested and not to bothered but that was just my experience

5. dynastyUK macrumors member

6. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

I would say the the metal frame is doing a very good of dissapating the heat, you would be concerned if it wasnt hot if you knew how hot it was inside

7. Slippers1209 macrumors newbie

I just created an account on this forum soley to post this:

Quiet noobie, if you knew anything you would realise battery is on the left. The right is the A4 processor chip.

Heat expulsion from processors is very common and nothing to worry about unless you recieve the overheating error message. If you have any concerns run it into your local apple store for a basic diagnostic check. :)

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

[​IMG]

9. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

happened to me they just said resort it... hey guess what?!?!?! it didn't work!!!! 3 months later, the back is still BURNING hot!