iphone 4 getting very hot

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Boca, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Boca macrumors 6502

Installed 5.1 and now the phone is getting very hot. Took it A store they checked it and said nothing wrong. But, it was never like this with the older OS. Does 5.1 really heat this handset up so much?

Also the battery life now sucks. 10 % down per hour.

Any advice appreciated. thanks,

2. davereynolds macrumors member

It's hard to answer your question without knowing comparatively how hot yours is running. iPhone's do get hot in use. I notice it mostly when talking on the phone or playing games.

3. Boca thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. Don't have actual temp. measurement but when you can notice the phone in your pocket due to the temp. and this was never the case before the upgrade I wonder if the battery is bad; although Apple said they tested it and it's fine. Now, they also said that if a customer in the same situation "gets very upset" they will replace the phone. In hindsight maybe this was a "signal" to the way to react to their findings.

I'll try visiting the Apple Store again and see if this works...Obviously something is not right or Apple would not take this path to problem resolution.

thanks to all.