Iphone 4 Gevey problems?!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by denta87, Jan 2, 2012.

1. denta87 macrumors newbie

Okay so i have a
    GSM iphone 4 IOS 5.0.1 Baseband 4.11.08
    Carrier 11

And i can run the steps to for gevey sim but every time i get the "you failed! start over"? is this my fault or is something wrong that i dont know about?

its a real gevey sim used it before just upgraded my OS

----------

any is there anyway to downgrade?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

With the baseband you have on your phone, there isn't any thing can unlock it now.

In addition, iPhones baseband can't be downgrade.

So, my recommendation for you is to sell it and by a FUL phone.

3. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

This is correct. iPhone baseband cannot be downgraded...04.11 is not unlockable (at the moment) either.

You can 1) sell your phone on craigslist then use that money to buy an iPhone with 04.10 and below baseband (should be around the same price...)
    2) do as Crystal-RX suggested and sell it to buy a factory unlocked phone
    or 3) wait for an unlock. It's been over a year since any soft of software unlock has been released, and a few months of no signs to update Gevey to be compatible with 04.11 baseband.

Your best bet would be 1, since prices aren't too different on CL for now. If you're patient and have a different phone you can and/or want to use, option 3 would be all right. If you can afford it, go with option 2 and just get a 4S (or factory unlocked iP4).

4. denta87 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use Ibackupbot i think before i used this you think it saved my blobls? or whatever those things are cuz i have two back ups one is 4.3.5 and one is 5.0.1

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The bottom line is that baseband can't be downgrade. So, even you have blob and is able to go to lower version, your phone baseband will remain at 04.11. Gevey sim unlock exploits iPhone baseband and only works with baseband 04.10 or lower.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I was under the impression that a Gevey sim can unlock any iPhone regardless of BB or os version, good to know it has limitations.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, it cant unlock any iphones bb.
    You gotta know and research first before you update. Cause once you do there is no turning back. I feel sorry for the OP but he is SOL.
    Even with blobs saved the bb cannot be downgraded so he's stuck.