Iphone 4/Gmail Contact Sync Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PeteNottage, Sep 21, 2011.

1. PeteNottage macrumors newbie

Hi,

I hope I've posted this in the right section.

I've got an issue when attempting to sync contacts across my devices. I'm using the newest model of iMac, set up with MobileMe. I want to be able to sync my contacts between Gmail and my iPhone seamlessly.

In my Gmail contacts list I've managed to amass a load of contacts (over 6000!) - the majority of which I don't want. I've deleted the ones that aren't needed, but as soon as I get rid of the last one, the iPhone adds them all back again. I think it might be an issue with the fact I've got contact syncing on my iPhone turned on both MobileMe AND Google Calendar, but I'm not sure which option to disable.

I've trawled the net looking for the answer to this problem but to no avail. I've now deleted contacts I don't want multiple times but still my iPhone insists on adding them back again. I daren't run the risk of deleting all contacts on my phone and/or Gmail for fear of never getting them back - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

P

2. toiday macrumors regular

Welcome to the nightmare of iPhone :mad: My suggestion is use your iPhone to show off and get a BlackBerry strictly for email. I didn't like BlackBerry but it's far better than iPhone or Android on email. I'm so excited when my new company allow the use of iPhone but... Here are a few things missed the most:

* being able to create filters on the BB. with iPhone, I have to create filter on Outlook.
    * create mail alert profile, ie. I can set BB to alert on priority 1 email as it can vibrate when the phone is in hoster and ring when outside, or do one thing during business time and something else in the evening... iPhone can do none of that.
    * email viewing options (such only view the unread email), etc... My iphone shows 6 unread email but I'm unable to find them.

I think if iPhone can improve their mail client then RIM will be in much deeper trouble.