Iphone 4 GoPlan?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ny2nctova, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ny2nctova macrumors member

ny2nctova

Hey i was wondering if i can use the Iphone 4 on a go-plan, i purchased the iphone 4 off some guy brand new in box. I dont want to sign a contract and was wondering if i can do that.

Is the iphone and ipad the only devices using the micro sim? Because they might ask me what device i want it on and im worrying that they will say no for the iphone 4.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

If you can find a way to activate the micro sim on a GoPhone plan then you could use it on the iPhone 4. If you are in the U.S. it's entirely possible to activate the sim online. All you need is the IMEI # from a GoPhone and the big long number on the sim.

3. gilmourr macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 works with GoPhone!!!!!

I bought and Iphone 4 in ebay, days later i bought a gophone microsim card from this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AT-T-ATT-Go...ccessories&hash=item2a07b46677#ht_7534wt_1139

i was not sure if that would work...but today i received the sim card, its a micro sim gophone sim card, i follow his instructions and it works!!!!!!, now i have an iphone 4 with a prepaid plan!!! i have not tried yet the data plan, its like 19.99 for 20mb, for now im on wifi :D

4. gilmourr macrumors newbie

Update!!! Gophone Data Works On Iphone 4 Also!!!

Looking around i found this page, to change apn settings
    http://www.unlockit.co.nz

get in there from the phone

select att settings

and yes the data works on prepaid iphone 4!!!!

i added $15 usd to my gophone account just to try if the iphone works on prepaid, be careful with the data its too expensive, in 2 minutes my credit has gone!!!, but it was only for test if it works.

Now i will pick up this plan:

Unlimited minutes and text: $60
    100 mb data: $19.99

what do you think about this plan????

5. jRight macrumors newbie

delima

Here's my delima.

I have been using a iPhone Gen1 with the att goPhone plan. with the $20 unlimited data.

Said Gen1 iPhone finally died on me this past weekend. The question is can I move my already active iphone gophone account to the iPhone 4. If so. What do I need to do.

Thanks in Advance.