iPhone 4 got Orange Tint on the mid-upper right side. Will lose value when selling :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

So a couple weeks ago my phone got an orange fade on the side where I normally scroll the page from with my finger.

Also the battery is like drastically worse than back in the days...

Besides that it is fine but I can't help but be upset that the resale value will be garbage because of it. I don't see myself mentioning it in the Craigslist ad but will just say used as-is and hope when they see it they will still buy it. It I have a feeling I'm gonna waste time finding a buyer or will lose at least a hundred or so.

Hopefully I find someone who lost/broke their phone and have no upgrade and will make due with a flawed device.

Luckily for my needs the new phone is just around the bend.

Anyone have any idea What I will get around in the west LA market. Would the Apple store help me post-warranty somehow?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Then don't use your phone after eating Cheetos :p. Jokes aside though, I don't see what would cause an orange tint to appear.

Regarding resale value, it's already low due to the fact that your iPhone is a generation behind. You can probably still get a couple hundred dollars depending on the storage capacity of the phone but I wouldn't wait around for much longer - the next iPhone is supposedly coming out in the next few months which means everyone will be selling their 4S to upgrade to the new phone.

If you're worried about wasting time to find a buyer, put the phone on eBay. Takes 10 minutes and you don't have to physically look for a buyer, they look for you.

3. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

you mean coming out in a month...

4. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

It's like that known issue where the screen burns.

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I don't recall Apple announcing that.

6. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

i put 500$ on it coming out in september...

wanna make a bet?

7. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I don't bet foolishly. I believe the OP wants to know about resale value nonetheless, no need to hijack his thread.

8. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

not hikacking it. and if you think its coming out in november or october then you wont be losing. But it is coming out next month...

9. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

You are hijacking his thread; the OP is interested in resale value of his iPhone 4 and you are not helping him with that. Apple has not announced that the new iPhone will be coming out next month. Believe what you want, but as far as I'm concerned, Apple hasn't announced its release so I'm not expecting it.

OP, put your phone on Craigslist or eBay and wait for someone to come to you. There is still a high market for the iPhone 4 - I recently sold an iPhone 4 with NO screen for 200 bucks on eBay. Someone will buy it in its current condition.

10. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

^^^
    yes a blemish on the screen is going to hurt resale value.... doesnt take a brain surgeon to know that should be common sense.