iPhone 4 GSM - Super hot at Top Right!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PulseDroid, Apr 29, 2013.

1. PulseDroid, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013

PulseDroid macrumors newbie

PulseDroid

Hi guys, I've got a 32GB Black GSM iPhone 4 running 6.1.3 with the latest carrier settings.

My iPhone started to get really hot at the top right, where the camera sits, after it keeps on going, the heat spreads all over. - This is not some heat caused by apps, this is a super hot untouchable device.

When I turn off my device it cools down, approx 2 minutes after boot up it gets hot again.

I have tried: Factory Reset, Running without sim, Airplane mode, Draining battery then charging full.

Any Help / Suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
    PD.

2. 5kylar macrumors member

5kylar

Perhaps you have a faulty battery? I don't think there's much inside the phone up there besides the camera, but I could be wrong. I own an i4 as well. My advice would be to take it to an Apple store, and get the tech guys to take a peak at it.

3. PulseDroid thread starter macrumors newbie

PulseDroid

I am 6 months out of warranty.

Do you have any idea approx how much the repair might cost if it's a battery / camera replacement?

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. PulseDroid thread starter macrumors newbie

PulseDroid

It is not jailbroken. I took it to the iStore, they said, "Replace over repair." , they refused to take my iPhone to technical because it was out of warranty.

Then I took it to my service provider, they said they'll send it but can't promise anything, they said I'll most likely get a new trade-in iPhone for about half the price.

Both places said that an iPhone is a solid device and shouldn't be opened up. - But this means after your two year warranty your pretty much screwed :(

Seems like a lost case for me.