iPhone 4 hactivation help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nood1es, Sep 7, 2011.

1. nood1es macrumors member

Just purchased one on clist and it's waiting to be activated. I'm taking it overseas and giving to relative. How am I able to activate this without a contract of some sort? I'm not able to use a 3G sim and cut it down and fit it in correct? :/ wish it still was that easy. Thanks.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Why don't you tell us more if you'd like help. firmware ver. baseband ver carrer info. etc or you can click the link in my signature and look yourself. You can also use google it works really well..

3. nood1es thread starter macrumors member

I apologize. It's a 2 month old phone. So I'm guessing it's latest firmware and os. It's from AT&T. The phone will be used in hong kong and Vietnam. Will unlocks thru cydia work for sim cards overseas? Or am I needing a gevey type adaptor unlock sim? Thank very much for the reply too.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You have to be very specific as certain hacks are specific to certain firmware and basebands. Saying it's 2 months old only narrows it down so much but not enough.

Take a look in Settings > General > About

Tell us what Version says:
    Tell us what Modem Firmware says: (that's the baseband)

5. nood1es thread starter macrumors member

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If you were to give it to someone in HK then it's better to get one from HK! All HK iphones are factory unlock.

8. nood1es thread starter macrumors member