iPhone 4 hangs on startup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ggoerl, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ggoerl macrumors regular

Have an Iphone 4 that was still running 4.03. Was JB'D. Decided to reset the phone for resale (delete contacts, apps, all personal data, etc.) Iphone now hangs on startup, boot logo shows with a frozen wheel. Hard reset just repeats the same process. Put in DFU mode to restore can't update due Apple software being retarded saying that it isn't eligible for the requested build when it's IOS 6.01! So it's not like I'm trying to restore to a unsigned build. It's irritating when you can't even update to a build that is new and still being signed for. Iphone is basically garbage now at this point unless someone around here has some magic up their sleeves.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try it on another computer.
    Put it in dfu and restore.
    Next time know you can't do an erase all on a jb iPhone.

3. ggoerl thread starter macrumors regular

That would've been nice to know in the first place. I had tried to put in DFU and restore but got the same error. I fortunately fixed now but lost my ability to unlock it now.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I tried it on the computer that it usually syncs to and put it in DFU and did a restore.