iPhone 4 hardware problems past warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cwhipp, Feb 22, 2012.

1. cwhipp macrumors newbie

Hi, this is my first time posting on something like this, but I am really curious as to if I have a shot at getting anything done for my poor, rundown iPhone 4. So my iPhone's speakers aren't working in that it won't play music, game sounds, the text tone, nor can I hear anyone on the phone. I can however hear people on speaker, hear everything with headphones on, and can hear my ringtone/ alarm. I have read online that this is most likely a hardware problem, and that it is fairly easy to get a replacement phone. The problem is that my phone is out of warranty, which I also read doesn't necessarily mean they won't replace it. It also has a cracked screen, which I fear will completely rule out any chance of getting a replacement phone. I am due for an upgrade, but was really trying to hold out for the iPhone 5, so any advice/ insight on my situation would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will still replace it for $149.
    Its out of warranty and has physical damage so even if you were under Applecare they would charge you the replacement fee of $149.

3. cwhipp thread starter macrumors newbie

Would getting the replacement for $150 count as an upgrade? Basically, would I still be eligible for an upgrade once the iPhone 5 comes out?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It wont count as an upgrade, you're just giving them your old damaged iphone 4 and they're replacing it with a refurbished unit.
    You upgrade date will stay the same.