iPhone 4 has green tint from camera

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ronaldcastillo, Oct 12, 2010.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

I had to take pictures today of a few documents that I needed for my homework, and as I synced the photos onto my iMac I realize that theres a huge green tint in the middle of the photo. I've included a picture to show what I'm talking about. If possible, should I go take it to the Genius Bar or just stick with my iPhone? I'm scared I'm going to get a phone that has more problems.

[​IMG]

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

thanks for the test answers.....:D

looks like there is a green dot on the lens itself. I have to ask have ou tried cleaning the lens?

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've seen other people posting about this problem and it seems like it is present on almost all iPhone 4s, although most of them don't have it quite as bad as yours.

4. ronaldcastillo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I was using the pictures I took as a reference for my homework, and I looked at it and notice there was a green tint on the center. Should I try take it to the Genius Bar?

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Welcome to last July. Try searching "blob" and you'll find a ton of threads on this issue. It's very well known and documented.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Your homework? I dont think they are that kind of genius......

I would definitely take the iphone tho

7. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

It appears under artificial lighting, usually the bright kind found in offices, schools, etc.

In natural light, ie: outdoor and indoor conditions with natural lighting from a window, you won't see the green "blob".

I took a photo of my office the other day, having owned my iPhone 4 since launch, and noticed the green blob as I was taking the photo. Mine is very faint, but it's there ... but not in natural lighting conditions.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

QFT and +1 lol

9. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

^ The green in your pictures is worse than others that I've seen, so I would probably take it in, or try retaking the pictures in better lighting.

10. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I hadn't noticed this on mine until reading this post and giving it a try. Green blob here too. I can even see it on the screen as I'm taking the photo.

Note: I took this under fluorescent lighting at work.

(I put the pen cap on the paper to give it something to focus on.)

Attached Files: